River Drift Snorkelling
From AUD $105.00
- Duration: 3 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Port Douglas, QLD
- Product code: RDS
If you love nature and the water, then this is the perfect tour for you!Within an ancient rainforest, step into the cool, crystal clear water and drift with the current as you explore life under the water’s surface.
Watch fish dart in and around the river stones and keep your eyes out for the occasional turtle.
This family friendly tour is the perfect way to stay cool in the hot tropics, and a great introduction to snorkelling before heading out to the reefs. Small children can journey down the river on large river sleds.
Safe, fun and relaxing. All wetsuits and snorkelling gear are provided, along with an experienced instructor accompanying you on this unique journey. Suitable for all ages in the dry season and strong swimmers in the wet. Please inquire upon booking for current conditions. ‘Always Go-with-a-Guide‘ as this assure your safety and the best experience possible.
As seen on the TV travel show ‘Getaway’ and used as the location for the Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg series ‘The Pacific’ this amazing Eco-immersion adventure is a must try.
* Judged the #1 Adventure Journey by Australian Geographic Magazine
* The top 50 Adventures of a lifetime by The Age Newspaper
RIVER SNORKELLING REQUIREMENTS
- Maximum weight to join tour is 120kg/264lb **Exceptions can be made at our discretion**
- Not recommended if pregnant
- Must be able to walk easily over uneven surfaces and through moving water
- Ability to walk/step up tree roots to exit
- Minimum age to participate is 3* (*dependant on conditions). Children aged 3-8 must wear a PFD
- Max wetsuit size 3XL, Max shoe size US 13
- Complimentary pickup & drop off
- Wetsuit, boots & snorkelling gear
- Prescription masks (limited)
- All Safety equipment
- Safety trained river guide
WHAT TO BRING
- Swimwear to wear under the wetsuit
- Towel Camera (can be placed in dry bag)
- Any personal medications
- Cancellations outside of 72 hours from departure — no charge
- Cancellations within 48-72 hours before departure — 50% charge
- Cancellations less than 48 hours before departure, or no show — 100% cancellation fee applies
- Date changes are free of charge, but must be received by email or phone, 48 hours prior to tour departure
- All changes are subject to availability and made at the discretion of the operator
- Rain can influence the safety and overall enjoyment of this tour. If we cancel a trip any monies will be refunded in full