River Drift Snorkelling
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Port Douglas, QLD
- Product code: RDS
1 Apr 22 – 31 Mar 23
$130 Adult | $105 Child (4-15) | $420 Family (2A+2C)
1 Apr 23 – 31 Mar 24
$139 Adult | $110 Child (4-15) | $450 Family (2A+2C)
Cairns & Palm Cove Transfers
$70 Adult | $50 Child | $210 Family (2A+2C)
If you love nature and the water, then this is the perfect tour for you!
Within an ancient rainforest, step into the cool, crystal clear water and drift with the current as you explore life under the water’s surface.Watch fish dart in and around the river stones and keep your eyes out for the occasional turtle.
This family friendly tour is the perfect way to stay cool in the hot tropics, and a great introduction to snorkelling before heading out to the reefs. Small children can journey down the river on large river sleds.
All wetsuits and snorkelling gear are provided, along with an experienced instructor accompanying you on this unique journey. Suitable for all ages in the dry season and strong swimmers in the wet. Please inquire upon booking for current conditions. ‘Always Go-with-a-Guide‘ as this assure your safety and the best experience possible.
As seen on the TV travel show ‘Getaway’ and used as the location for the Tom Hanks and Steven Spielberg series ‘The Pacific’ this amazing Eco-immersion adventure is a must try.
* Judged the #1 Adventure Journey by Australian Geographic Magazine
* The top 50 Adventures of a lifetime by The Age Newspaper
Who is this for?To enjoy this active rainforest experience, guests require a reasonable level of fitness & good mobility.
When the river level is low (most of the year), our activity is generally suitable for all ages (4+) and swimming abilities.When the river level is higher, the faster flowing water is only suitable for strong swimming adults (15+) with good fitness and mobility.
If you have any concerns about your suitability, please contact us before booking.
Refunds are not guaranteed if you are deemed unsuitable to participate on the day of the tour.
River Snorkelling requirements:
All participants are required to complete a medical questionnaire and liability release form
Not suitable if you have limited mobility or injuries
e.g: difficulty walking, injured or limited movement of knees, ankle, back, shoulder etc
Not suitable for anyone who is pregnant
Due to risk of falling on stomach, sudden jarring movements and impacts
Max recommended weight limit is 125kg/274lb
Due to limitations of our equipment.
A good level of fitness and mobility is required if you are near or over this weight
While conditions do vary, all participants associated with this booking should be able to:
- Walk without having to stop or sit down to rest for up to 20
- Lay on your stomach and paddle for extended periods
- Walk up an incline equal to a flight of stairs without stopping
- Swim/dog paddle 15m without stopping
- Climb up tree roots to exit river, equivalent to climbing a 1.5m
- Easily stand up from a sitting position on the ground, without
assistance at least 3 times in a row
- Complimentary pickup & drop off from Port Douglas & Mossman (Additional cost from Cairns & Palm Cove)
- Wetsuit, boots & snorkelling gear
- Prescription masks (limited)
- Complimentary tour photos
- All Safety equipment
- Safety trained river guide
WHAT TO BRING
- Swimwear to wear under the wetsuit
- Waterproof Camera
- Any personal medications
- Cancellations outside of 72 hours from departure — no charge
- Cancellations within 48-72 hours before departure — 50% charge
- Cancellations less than 48 hours before departure, or no show — 100% cancellation fee applies
- Date changes are free of charge, but must be received by email or phone, 48 hours prior to tour departure
- All changes are subject to availability and made at the discretion of the operator
- Rain can influence the safety and overall enjoyment of this tour. If we cancel a trip any monies will be refunded in full